I have made jokes for years about the Dove's being the Texas version of the Clampets. We laugh about how we take our Texas Redneck roots and incorporated them into not so redneck places... New Zealand, Germany, average restaurants, trips to mall etc...........
Well, yesterday it was the Clampets take the train to Nernberg. It is a must if you are in Germany to attend the VERY OVER CROWDED but very WELL worth the trip to the Christmas Market. After our fun fill Bier, wien experience at the Greek restaurant the night prior..Bob, Amy, Mike and I were feeling the "cheer" of the night prior... It took "several hours" to get all 9 of us up and out of the house we had to make the train (the train that only makes one stop) at 1:45. Well, as you may guess we missed the train....... as we were driving up it was leaving.......... so we had to take the next train (the one that STOPS at EVERY STOP) after we got some wrong information about having to "change" trains in Neumarkt we ended up on our way to the famous Christmas Market. At every stop Jakob would say "Uncle Bumper is this it?" the same answer NO Jakob this is not it... when we FINALLY made it he said nothing and we said Jakob we are here and he said wow that was fast.......go figure! Keeping up with 9 people 3 of which are under 4ft tall is not an easy task (no I am not talking about me) so Mike made the decision that if we got split up we would meet in a certain place at 6:45PM it took about 30 seconds for us to get split up... Amy and Ella together, Me, Granny and Allison, All the boys together (gee wonder if that was a plan) so off we go... It was an amazing time and it was so much fun to see the wonder on Granny's face as she walked through the market.. she had some gluhwein (I stuck to kinderpuch) Believe it or not we all made it back and did not miss the SHORT train (bet you thought we were going to miss it huh?).... on the ride back, Jakob, Allison, Granny and I were all riding together.. as we were leaving, Jakob said.. "I always get stuck with Granny" on the plane on the bus now on the train.. Granny and I got a laugh out of how he tried to get out of that one....
Other than that it was a slow day to quote Jerry Dove "I was on my best behavior" (how long do you think that will last) We ended the day with a couple of lessons.
1. Wien is good but it make you feel really bad!
2. Don't miss the train!!!! 3. There is nothing like the Clampet's for Christmas.
Merry Christmas EVE everyone!!
No comments:
Post a Comment